Incorporated: May 8, 1903 | Congressional District: 4 | Legislative District: 13
Indians roamed the area around Crab and Wilson creeks in search of food during the summer months. John marlin and the Urquhart brothers settled the area in the 1870s. Lt. Tom Symons established a military road from Fort Walla Walla to Camp Chelan west of town in 1879. The railroad came in 1892.
Wilson Creek became a division point with an 11-stall roundhouse. Zack Finney started the first school in 1892. Wilson Creek’s school opened in 1894.
The immigrant train came through in 1901. Also that year, the town was platted and finally the town was incorporated in 1903. Crab Lake was rained in 1909.
This brief history was provided by the Grant County Historical Society. For more information please visit the museum of Wilson Creek, located in the Citizen’s Bank at 254 Railroad Street. This fully restored building, built in 1906, is listed on the national historic register. The museum is generally open on Mondays, Wednesdays, and Thursdays, from noon to 3:00 pm, or by scheduled appointment.