A RESOLUTION OF THE TOWN OF WILSON CREEK, establishing the Town’s policy on use of credit cards to transact official Town business.
WHEREAS, the Town Council of the Town of Wilson Creek desires to allow the use of credit cards by Town officials and employees to transact official Town business; and
WHEREAS, the Town Council of the Town of Wilson Creek desires to set forth herein its policy on the use of credit cards by officials and employees of the Town to transact official Town business.
NOW, THEREFORE, be it resolved by the Town Council of the Town of Wilson Creek as follows:
SECTION I: PURPOSE
The purpose of this Resolution is to set forth the Town’s policy on the use of credit cards by Town officials or employees to transact official Town business.
SECTION II: POLICY AND PROCEDURE
- Uses. The Town Council authorizes the use of Town credit cards by officials and employees of the Town for the following uses:
- Travel. Credit cards may be used by Town employees or officials when in travel status on official Town business for hotel, parking, taxi, meal costs, gas, and emergency Town vehicle repairs, in accordance with the amounts allowed per the travel policy.
- Registrations. Credit cards may be used by Town employees or officials for conference registrations related to official Town business, only after approval from the Town Clerk/Treasurer and Mayor.
- Purchases. Credit cards may be used by Town employees for ordering supplies for Town purposes when approved by the Town Clerk/Treasurer and Mayor.
- Distribution. Credit cards will be provided to Town employees or officials as determined necessary by the Mayor.
- Authorization. The Mayor will authorize employees or officials to have cards issued in their name. Alternatively, cards may be made available for use by Town employees or officials on a general basis when needed.
- Control. Employees or officials of the Town will sign a credit card user agreement in the form attached hereto as Attachment A for all cards issued, either permanent in the employee’s name or general cards for temporary use.
- Administration. The Town Clerk/Treasurer is responsible for administration of the cards to include selection of the card provider, payment of the credit card bills, managing the issuance of cards, and ensuring proper use.
- Requirements/Restrictions of Use. The following requirements and restrictions on use by Town employees or officials shall apply to the use of credit cards authorized by the Town:
- Credit cards may not be used:
- for cash advances,
- for personal purchases,
- to purchase services (i.e., consultant fees, window Washington, temporary help, equipment repair, etc.), or
- to pay other invoices or statements.
- Employees/officials will…
- submit credit card receipts to the Town Clerk/Treasurer no later than five (5) business days after the purchase date, or within two (2) business days of return from travel status,
- submit delivery receipts to the Town Clerk/Treasurer no later than two (2) business days after the date merchandise is received,
- document internet purchases by printing out the purchase confirmation page from the vendor’s website, and submit said confirmation to the Town Clerk/Treasurer no later than two (2) business days after the date the order is placed, and/or
- document phone purchases by signing a copy of the page the item was ordered from (i.e., catalog page, brochure, advertisement, etc.).
- If interest or late fees are incurred as a result of an employee’s/official’s failure to submit necessary documentation in a timely manner, the employee/official will be held responsible for payment of those fees, and payment may be withheld form the employee’s/official’s pay.
- Credit cards may not be used:
- Exceptions to Policy. Any exceptions to this policy must be approved in writing in advance by the Mayor.
- Disallowance. The Mayor will disallow use of Town credit cards by any employee or official for violation or misuse of the credit card in accordance with this policy.
Passed by the Town Council of the Town of Wilson Creek, at a regular meeting thereof, this 13th day of February 2020.
A PDF of these minutes can be viewed here.