The Town of Wilson Creek is seeking a part-time Public Works employee to oversee the Town’s water system. A valid Washington state driver’s license is required. A background check may be required. This position is part-time up to 35 hours per month. Hourly pay rate DOE.
Applicants should submit:
- Letter of interest
- Résumé, and
- Completed job application
Applications and full job description are below or from Town Hall.
JOB DESCRIPTION: WATER MANAGER
- Check wells – pump operations, malfunctions, log gallons, check chlorinator if in service.
- Monitor reservoir float levels
- Spot check any fire hydrants known to leak
- Read all meters from end of March through October, being sure to note irregularities in the box, the meter, installations.
- Meters should be read by the 25th day of each month so the clerk has time to get the water bills out by the last day of the month.
- Water sampling – other sampling/testing/reporting also required annually by state
- As needed:
- Perform or assist with installation of new water services. (Abilities to operate backhoe, loader and dump truck are necessary).
- Service meter boxes and water mains and investigate complaints by water users. (i.e. low water pressure, leaks, settling around boxes). Use of backhoe, loader and dump truck may be needed.
- Turn on water for users as requested by clerk.
- Turning off meters. Turn off and lock meters and get a reading whenever turning off meter.
- Delinquent water accounts:
- Shut off and lock meters upon request of clerk/mayor.
- Turn meters back on upon request of clerk/mayor.
- Again direct payments to either the clerk/mayor.
- Maintenance of fire hydrants and water mains:
- Purge water mains through fire hydrants. Spring and fall. (i.e. – April and September)
- Use diffusers to prevent excessive erosion. Lubricate threads on all fire hydrants. Operate all water main valves at least once a year.
- Communicate and work with Public Works to control vegetation around all fire hydrants – mow, weed eat, spray, etc.
- Make truck fill functional during non-freezing weather.
- Winterize sprinkler systems and park building.
Councilmember: Position 1
The Town of Wilson Creek is currently seeking a councilmember to fulfill the remainder of the term for Position 1, which ends 12/31/2023.
Interested individuals residing within the city limits of Wilson Creek are encouraged to submit a letter of interest. Letters may be submitted to Town Hall in person or via secure drop box at 254 Railroad Street,via mail to PO Box 162,via email to the clerk, or via fax to 844-473-1909.
For questions, please contact Town Hall.
Applications are available from Town Hall or to download here: