TOWN OF WILSON CREEK
SPECIAL CITY COUNCIL MEETING
October 19, 2022 – remote/online meeting via Google Meet
Council Present: Mayor Robert Herron, Councilmembers Scott Mortimer, Jerrod Johnson, Raymond Kelby. Council Absent: Councilmembers Debbie Moore, Karl Hinze. Staff Present: Kaci Anderson, Michael Wyman.
Public Hearing – 6:00 pm
- Open Meeting: Mayor Robert Herron called the meeting to order at 6:00 pm and led with the Pledge of Allegiance. Motion made by R. Kelby, seconded by J. Johnson, and carried to add “Approval of Bills” to the agenda prior to adjournment.
- Citizen Complaint Against Councilmember: Mayor Herron started the hearing by reading aloud two written complaints regarding Councilmember J. Johnson: one dated May 4, 2022 from Mike and Sue Zerr, the other dated September 4, 2022 from Mike Zerr.
- The Council heard from both complainants individually: first Susan Zerr then from Mike Zerr. The Council then heard from Councilmember J. Johnson, who yielded his time to his attorney, Doug Anderson. Mr. Anderson requested a continuance, stating he had not seen both complaints and requested copies of both complaint letters.
- After discussion, motion made by R. Kelby to approve continuance of the hearing to the next regularly scheduled council meeting on Thursday, November 10, 2022. No second. After further discussion, Mayor Herron asked if there was a second to the motion on the table. No second. At this time, Mr. Anderson withdrew his request for a continuance. However, Mr. Wyman recommended the council table the issue due to the lack of quorum present, with J. Johnson abstaining from the vote on any proposed action.
- A second public hearing will be held prior to the next regularly scheduled meeting on November 10, 2022.
- Approval of Bills: Motion made by R. Kelby, seconded by J. Johnson, and carried to pay the October 2022 as follows:
PAYROLL #11028 – 11032: $ 229.86
EFT payments $ 38.24
TOTAL $ 268.10
- Adjournment: Motion made by S. Mortimer, seconded by J. Johnson, and carried to adjourn the meeting at 6:33 pm. The next regular council meeting is Thursday, November 10, 2022, at 6:00 pm.